Adding social networking links.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Social networking gadgets from AddThis+
- Journaling and publishing with blogs
- Guest discussions with forums
- User feedback with polls
Case Study Background
Chris wants his clients to be able to easily share their experiences with their friends, so he would like to allow them to "like" BoatVentures on Facebook, tweet about their trip, and share on other social networking sites, such as Google+. In addition, Chris wants to leverage his expertise and maintain a weekly blog. He hopes to attract more traffic to his site that way. He also wants his clients to share their trips on a guest forum. Finally, he wants to know more about his clients' preferences; specifically if they prefer power or sail excursions.
Problem & Tasks
- Add Facebook "like", tweet, and Google+ social networking buttons to the home page of your website. Use the AddThis tool to help you do that. You may choose any layout you wish. Place the social networking gadgeton the bottom of your home page.
- Add a blog page link to a blog created in Weebly or Tumblr from your home page menu. The blog must be in a separate page. Add at least one blog post to your blog to ensure that it works and displays properly. Enable comments for your blog if feasible.
- Create a guest discussion forum using Tal.ki Forums or another forum platform of your choice; link to the forum from your home page menu. Place the forum in a separate page. Add at least TWO discussion threads to your forum.
- Add a poll from PollDaddy or another polling platform to the home page that asks whether guests prefer sailing or power boat excursions. The poll should be displayed on your home page, ideally to the side of your content so it's easily visible.
What to Submit
You must submit your URL to your home page through Blackboard.